Timeline of Miller's Hill Farm
As we approach the 100 year mark for Miller's Hill Farm we'd like to share a bit of our history with you!
1924 - Miller's Hill Farm
In January of 1924, Theodore & Ruth Miller purchased the farm and began raising their family. For the first decade the farm focused on dairy production. They also produced hay & corn to feed the dairy cattle.
In the 1940's the local creamery closed. The farm changed to focus on beef, hay, and egg production. During this time the farm also got electricity for the first time.
1972 - Farmland Assessment
In 1970, the eldest Miller Daughter Ruth returned to the farm with her husband Col. Jim Dorney. He began the project of getting the farm into farmland assessment. In 1972 this project was completed and has been maintained since then.
During this time Ted Miller, the youngest of the Miller children, returned to the farm with his children. With the help of his son in law, Ted began to ease the farm into vegetable production.
In the 1990's vegetable production continued to expand. The blacksmith shop was converted into a produce market.
2000 - Today on the Farm
Miller’s Hill Farm is now a Preserved Farm. The original barn has been updated & restored. Two greenhouses have extended the growing season for the farm. With the additional crops, the farm now also provides wholesale vegetables to local restaurants.
John McAndrew III has grown the farm’s vegetable production and greatly increased the yearly yield of produce. The farm also offers local beef, pork, and eggs. During this time the farm has expanded to include Christmas trees, pumpkin hayrides, and educational tours.